Achievements - Rewards & Recognitions
Dr. Nandita Palshetka's long life and career contributions to the cause of IVF popularisation have brought her multiple rewards and recognitions. Her career has been rewarding both for her as well as her patients and the medical fraternity.
The many FIRST ACHIEVEMENTS attained in her career are –
- First to establish assisted laser hatching in this country in 1998
- Delivered first laser hatching twins in India
- Achieved pregnancy with sperms from a hemiplegic husband
- Delivered the first baby in India with three mothers - i.e. with help of test-tube baby and surrogacy technique
- Established the spindle view technology in India so as to prevent damage to the genes during test-tube baby procedure
- Verification a new technology was introduced in her practice 2007
- Established the first egg and ovarian tissue bank in India
- IMSI – a new technology for improving results in Male Infertility, for the first time in India
- Installation of IVF-Metabolomics Machine First in Asia & Fifth in the World at Lilavati Hospital IVF Centre 2010.
- Installation of Primovision – digital microscope 1st time in India to improve pregnancy rates.
- Installation of Embryoscope 1st time in India at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, to improve pregnancy rates.
- Achieved pregnancy in 2016 from eggs stored in 2007 for lifestyle purpose.
Felicitated with :
- Kumud Tamaskar Prize, Ovarian Aging, A Ray of Hope, Jan.2003
- Corrian Award for Senior, 2nd Runner Up - Metformin in pregnancy, Jan.2005
- Corrian Award for 1st Runner Up – Minihysteroscopy, Jan.2006
- Recipient of Best Paper award on :
- MOGS, 1988
- Annual GMC conference, 1992
- FOGSI, Pune, 1998
- ICSI, Annual conference FOGS, 2000
- Received an award for Best Poster on PGD in International Fallopian Tube conference, 1995.
1st Vice President
Immediate Past President
Mumbai Obstetrics & Gynecological Society
Indian Association of Gynecological Endoscopy
Managing Committee Member
Indian Society of Assisted Reproductive
MSR – Maharashtra Chapter of ISAR
2nd Vice President
The Association of Maharashtra Obstetrics &
Gynecological Societies (AMOGS)
National Guidelines for Accreditation, Supervision &
Regulation of ART Clinics in India.
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar has been instrumental in helping over 25,000 Indian and international couples to have children and become parents. Asked about her feeling when she enables infertile parents to have their first child she says -"The first cry of a baby is the beginning of a life time of joy for the parents. That is the most rewarding moment of my life."
To hear the first cry of life, and the smiles on the faces of the parents.